CALTEX Delo® Gear EP-4
Delo® Gear EP-4 gear lubricants are recommended for use in spiral bevel and hypoid differentials, power dividers, and oil-lubricated steering axle wheel bearings
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS
Delo Gear EP-4 delivers value through:
- Long gear life — Extreme pressure properties protect hypoid and other types of gears from scuffing and wear.
- Rust and corrosion protection — Effective inhibitor package protects against rusting or corrosion of gear and bearing surfaces.
- Excellent foam inhibition — Foaming minimized by use of foam inhibitor.
- Long lubricant life — Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability allow high temperature operation with long lubricant life.
- Seal Protection — Formulated to protect against oil seal deterioration.
Delo Gear EP-4 are multipurpose lubricants. They are made from paraffinic base stocks and contain a carefully balanced additive package to provide gear protection and long lubricant life. The sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure additive technology used in Delo Gear EP-4 provides exceptional thermal and oxidation stability. In addition, this lubricant is fortified with rust and corrosion inhibitors, a foam inhibitor, and a pour point depressant. The sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure additives in Delo Gear EP-4 minimize the spalling and wear of gears by creating a microthin sacrificial film on the surface of the gear teeth which is actually softer than the gears themselves. Frictional heat and pressures between gear teeth cause the sulfur-phosphorus to react with the surfaces of the gear teeth at the point of contact, thus creating the sacrificial film. The highly refined base stocks and various inhibitors in the additive package help assure a well-balanced lubricant and long gear and bearing life.
Delo Gear EP-4 are recommended for use in spiral bevel and hypoid differentials, power dividers, and oil-lubricated steering axle wheel bearings. Delo Gear EP-4 meet the requirements of:
• API Service Categories GL-4